February is the month of the “healthy challenges”! A lot of people in the last few years started this tradition of challenging themself on February with a healthier lifestyle and reducing meat consumption is part of the plan for many.
So here are 2 amazing vegan recipes for all of you willing to try some vegan food.
Pindemont´s Pasta & beans
A dish of the poor Italian tradition, recently found out again by many restaurants. This vegan dish is perfect for those who are enemies of green veggies. The beans are a source of proteins (meat substitute), but also offer fiber, calcium and potassium. The pasta and potato are a bomb of carbohydrates.
This recipe is a translation from a traditional cooking book.
Ingredient: beans*, pasta **, potatoes, rosemary, bay leaves, minced onion-carrot-celery, parmesan, salt, pepper and oil.
* The Piedmontese tradition uses “borlotti” beans, in other areas you find different varieties. Choose what you like more!
** There are many variations from short pasta to long format.
- The preparation starts the night before if you use dry beans, as they need to be soaked overnight. In a big frying-pan warm up oil and fry minced onion, carrots and celery for 5 minutes
- Add cubed potatoes and fry them for couple of minutes
- Add beans and cover with water.
- Add also salt, bay leaf and rosemary → this herbs are the secret of the amazing flavor
- Cook for couple of hours, making sure there is always enough water, until beans are soft
- 10-15 minutes before serving add the pasta (depending on the pasta cooking time and your liking).
- Serve topped with grated parmesan, olive oil and a few leaves of rosemary for decoration.
- Try to add also Microgreens on top and transport a poor dish in a fashion plate ready for instagram!
Garlic & parsley roasted mushroom
A tasty and super fast recipe to enjoy mushrooms in a different way.
We are not sure about the origin of this dish, but we believe it’s worthy!
Ingredients: white button/ boletus mushroom (or any other large mushroom), garlic, parsley, salt/soy sauce and oil/ butter.
The recipe is super simple
- Peel or wash the mooshroom. If they are big, cut them in 4 parts.
- Fine chop garlic and parsley leaves
- In a bowl mix mooshroom with chopped garlic and parsley
- If you like you can also add other herbs like thyme or oregano and chillies!
- Now you can choose:
- Roast in the oven:
- Sprinkle salt on the mooshroom, spread them over a tray, add butter and place in oven for about 15-25 minutes at 220 C
- Fry in the pan:
- Warm oil in the pan and fry them with the lid on for a few minutes. Then remove the lid and cook a few minutes more. Try substituting salt with soy sauce at the end of cooking.
- Finished up with a touch of beauty and taste, adding beautiful parsley leaves.