Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) policies guide business practices. We aim to be fully transparent and base our values on doing good for the people and the planet! In practice this means:
- We drive for diversity, inclusion and equity. We are a social enterprise through our long-term partner, Kolmituote. Our plant capsule production and e-commerce packaging & shipping are operated by our partner company who provide employment services for people with partial disabilities. Plantui and Kolmituote have worked together since 2015.
- We commit to support the European sustainability development goals (SDG’s) in our whole value chain. The constant progress of crop science, materials and technology presents many opportunities in the future of indoor growing and follow them with great optimism and curiosity.
Modular design, long-life product and 100% recyclable material
- Plantui uses food safe, ASB mono-material, which is easy to recycle. The Long-Lasting Plantui ecological garden has been designed so that all components are replaceable. Circular economy elements are adapted in all parts of Plantui value chain.
Low energy consumption: Plantui uses less than a light bulb a year
- Plantui’s growth platform is as energy-efficient as energy-saving lamps. We use high efficiency horticultural LEDs with special spectrum designed to give the optimum light with minimum energy consumption. The patented ‘artificial sun’ changes automatically the light spectrums in different growth phases.
Lower footprint compared to your supermarket herbs and feeling of self-sufficiency
- 13,8% of food is lost in food chains. When growing where you eat you’ll immediately decrease your CO2 footprint.
- One Plantui plant capsule will bring you greens equal to 10 x supermarket herb bunch, with 10 x less plastic. As you’ll have your herbs ready and fresh when you need them, the amount of food waste coming from herbs/salad will also naturally decrease.
- Plantui is a high-tech and ecological hydroponic system. The plants are grown in water with the help of natural nutrient and aerated water (with the built in, automatic, pump), so neither soil nor peat is used.
All Plantui calculations are based on LCA modelling done by LCS Life Cycle Simulation GmbH. The calculations has been done by using Plantui Smart Garden 6 and taking into account for example packaging, transportation and energy consumption.