Basil Tips and Tricks
- Basils germinate quite fast, in 5 to 6 days, and produce first leaves in a couple of weeks.
- The growth speeds up about one month from sowing.
- Pinch off the tips of each stem in one capsule when they are approx. 5 cm tall. Now the stems branch and produce even more leaves to enjoy!
- You can harvest both big leaves and the stem tips.
- If you wish to have this herb for weeks, only use around 30% at a time.
- If the plants grow too tall, you can cut them at the halfway or even lower.
- The white flowers are beautiful and edible, but to avoid bitterness in leaves use them in decoration.
If you are interested in growing your own Basil, you can find our plant seeds capsules here.