Coriander Tips and Tricks
- Essential herb in Asian, Mediterranean, Mexican and French kitchen.
- Coriander germinates in 8-10 days.
- Add the first Height Block when first leaves are visible.
- You can start harvesting in 3-4 weeks.
- Use the leaves with their stems.
- Recommended growing time 8 weeks, after that the leaves are too tall.
Coriander, or cilantro as they call it in USA, is an essential ingredient in many cuisines: Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese, North African, Mexican, Latin American, you name it. Coriander is an herb you either love or hate. Some people shudder and say it smells like soap while others love its fresh and citrus-like flavour with a hint of ginger. Recent studies reveal that the hate/dislike might be in fact related to people´s genes. Poor souls. If you are one of the lucky ones with a deep love for coriander, you can use it in almost every dish. Taste your way through your recipe folder to discover your own dos and don’ts.