Thyme Tips and Tricks
- Good general spice with its strong taste, also suitable for herbal teas.
- Germination time 4-6 days, after that thyme grows slowly but surely.
- Add the first Height Block when the first leaves appear.
- Pinch off the tips as the stems are 6 cm tall to produce branches.
- You can start harvesting in about 7 weeks from sowing by picking tips and leaves.
Thyme, an herb of many virtues, has been around for thousands of years. Nowadays it’s used for cooking and as a home remedy, for example as a cough reliever. Thyme is a somewhat modest-looking herb with small matte green leaves, a fresh fragrance and a minty aroma. If you want a stronger thyme flavour, crush the leaves to release the essential oils. Thyme can stand the heat for a long time, so you can add it to your stews and casseroles before you let them simmer. One way to use thyme is to fry it on a pan together with butter and garlic, before you add the steaks. Oh, the joy of anticipation!