Pok Choy Red Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Pok Choy Red Tips and Tricks
- Asian leafy vegetable with dark red leaves and juicy white stems.
- Mild taste that resembles spinach and cabbage, leaves can be used raw in salads or cooked e.g. in a wok.
- Germination time about 4 days, grows fast.
- Add the first Height Block as the first leaves appear.
- You can start harvesting some leaves with their stems in about 3 weeks.
- You can harvest the biggest leaves first or cut all at once.
Brassica rapa var. chinensis
Looks a bit like Swiss chard but chard it isn’t: our ‘red wizard’ is a very attractive member of the big family of pok choys, one of the most popular leaf vegetables of China. The leaves and juicy stalks of the red pok choy have a mild, sweetish cabbage-meets-spinach flavour with a hint of mustard. It’s quite low in calories and a good source of vitamins A, C, and K. The pretty purple baby leaves are delicious when eaten raw in salads. The bigger leaves taste very good after a short cooking time.