Shiso Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Shiso Tips and Tricks
- Big, decorative leaves, which can be used as a plate for cocktail snacks.
- Exotic taste with a hint of mint, basil, cinnamon, and lemon. Use like mint or basil.
- Germination time 12 days, grows slowly at first, but speeds up later and makes huge leaves in the end.
- Add the first Height Block in 1,5-2 weeks ie. when the first leaves appear.
- You can harvest some leaves after 4 weeks.
- If you want to have many middle-sized leaves, pinch off the tips when the plants are approx. 8 cm.
- If you want a few big leaves, don’t pinch at all.
Shiso is an Oriental member of the large family of mint. It has decorative leaves with jagged edges. The flavour of shiso cannot be described fast: it’s a lovely, exotic and warm mixture of basil, cinnamon, lemon, and mint. The taste is actually milder than the aromatic fragrance. You can use shiso anywhere you would use mint or basil. Add the young leaves to salads, and tear or cut the larger leaves. Use them to flavour warm dishes or as a garnish to all kinds of soups. Try crushing some leaves into homemade lemonade or sprinkle on fruit salads or other cold desserts.