Wild Rocket Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Wild Rocket Tips and Tricks
- Beautiful leaves that grow as a low rosette.
- Plantui Wild Rocket has a strong taste, so even a small portion of leaves in a dish is enough.
- It’s used in salads and hot dishes, if you prefer a milder taste, you can cook the leaves quickly.
- Germination time 6 days.
- Add the first Height Block as you can see the first leaves.
- You can start using the biggest leaves when they are approx. 6 cm long.
- If the plants produce flowering stems, cut them off from the base to avoid the bitter taste.
Wild rocket, also known as perennial wall-rocket, is the rebellious version of the common rocket. It’s a good traveler too. Once upon a time, its seeds arrived in Finland in the ballast sand of sailing boats. Wild rocket has long, decorative leaves and a strong, peppery, and mustard-like flavour that gives an extra kick to milder lettuce leaves and tastes really good with different types of cheese. Use it to flavour meat dishes and pastas and sprinkle on pizzas or sandwiches. You could also try using wild rocket like spinach: sauté or steam it and serve it as a side dish that does not, we repeat, does not taste like baby food.
- SKU: S005