Basil Lemon Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Basil Lemon Tips and Tricks
- Sweet lemon flavour
- Basils germinate quite fast, in 5 to 6 days, and produce first leaves in a couple of weeks.
- The growth speeds up about one month from sowing.
- Pinch off the tips of each stem in one plant capsule when they are approx. 5 cm tall. Now the stems branch and produce even more leaves to enjoy!
- You can harvest both big leaves and the stem tips.
- If you wish to have this herb for weeks, only use around 30% at a time.
- If the plants grow too tall, you can cut them at the halfway or even lower.
- The white flowers are beautiful and edible, but to avoid bitterness in leaves use them in decoration.
Ocimum basilicum - Lemon
It would be hard to imagine a tomato salad without some soft, green basil leaves. There are many basil varieties, and Basil Lemon must be one of the most charming ones. It has mid-sized leaves that are a bit paler than those of common basil, and a lovely fresh lemony taste and fragrance. Basil Lemon is the perfect companion to fish. It tastes delicious in seafood stir-fries and adds some zing to pasta limone. Fruit salads and other desserts will love its green freshness, and a few leaves crushed into the bottom of a drinking glass might make a martini or a mojito very drinkable indeed.