Chervil Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Chervil Tips and Tricks
- Chervil has beautiful leaves and a sophisticated flavour that resembles aniseed and parsley.
- Mild taste, use whenever Your feel something green should be added in the dish.
- Germinates in 6 to 8 days.
- Add the first Height Block in 1,5 weeks.
- You can start harvesting 3 to 4 weeks from sowing by picking a few leaves with their stems.
- New leaves grow from the base.
With its delicate, graceful, carrot-like leaves, chervil is the darling granny of the plant world. Growing chervil is like growing light green lace. Chervil has a gentle flavour that resembles a mixture of aniseed and parsley with warm licorice-like undertones. The sophisticated aroma loses potency if you cook or fry chervil for a lengthy time, so add it to your food at the last minute. It’s an essential part of the French ‘fines herbes’ mixture together with parsley, chives, and tarragon. Chervil complements nicely the fine flavours of mushrooms and cooked vegetables. Thanks to its subtle taste, you could try using chervil to garnish desserts like fruit salads or compotes.