Leaf Radish Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Leaf Radish Tips and Tricks
- Our fastest growing salad.
- Typical radish red leaf stems with either oblong, lobed and even red leaves.
- Germinates in few days.
- Be prepared to add first Height Block as first leaves appear.
- Use the leaves when they are young: under 10 cm.
- Produces new leaves from the base and from the growing stems.
Some radish species are grown for their crispy taproots, others – like ours – for their tasty leaves. Radish leaves grow rapidly. The leaves of the leaf radish are dark green with a pretty red hue. Young leaves are virtually smooth, the older ones are slightly fuzzy. Both have the familiar fresh, crisp, slightly peppery flavour of the root radish. Toss a handful of raw baby leaves to your salads to pep them up or use them to garnish hot dishes. You could also try mixing them to a super healthy smoothie. The more mature leaves can be cooked like spinach or whirled to a delicious pesto with some kick in it.