Marjoram Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Marjoram Tips and Tricks
- Like mild oregano but sweet with more sophisticated aroma.
- Germinates in 5 to 6 days.
- Add the first Height Block as the first leaves are visible.
- Pinch off the tips when the stems are 4-5 cm. This induces branching of the stems.
- You can slowly start harvesting in about 4 weeks when the plants are 7-10 cm tall.
- Use both stem tips and leaves.
- Remove possible flowers so avoiding bitterness in leaves.
Marjoram, sometimes called sweet marjoram, has small, oval, grey-green leaves and a nice, spicy fragrance. In herbal healing, the essential oils of marjoram are used to relieve the stiffness of muscles and joints. And marjoram infusions are said to help in all kinds of troubles, from insomnia to seasickness. Maybe marjoram should have a place in your medicine cabinet. Who knows? But it should definitely have a place in the kitchen. Taste-wise, it could be described as mild oregano, with a sweeter and more lemony hue. Marjoram is the essential herb in the vegetarian cuisine, in lamb dishes and many Greek or Italian food.