Mustard Fringe Red Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Mustard Fringed Red Tips and Tricks
- A branched variety with decorative, multicoloured leaves. Gives a personal appearance in your meals.
- Germinates in few days only.
- Add the first Height Block when the first leaves appear.
- You can start harvesting some leaves in 2-3 weeks.
- You can harvest the biggest leaves first or cut all at once.
Brassica juncea ‘Fringed Red’
Mustards are one of the oldest spices in history. In the old Mediterranean cultures a legend told that mustard was introduced to us mortals by Asclepius and Ceres. When talking about mustard, we usually mean the seeds. But the greens of the mustard plant are also edible and enjoyed in many cuisines. They are nutritious, too, containing vitamins A, B, and C. Our prettily blushing, frilly salad green has a peppery, spicy, subtly horseradish-like flavor. The young leaves can be enjoyed raw and give a nice, spicy flavor to milder salad leaves. The more mature greens taste best when boiled or in stir-fries.