Pok Choy Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Pok Choy Tips and Tricks
- Asian leafy vegetable with dark green leaves and juicy white stems.
- Mild taste that resembles spinach and cabbage, leaves can be used raw in salads or cooked e.g. in a wok.
- Germination time about 4 days, grows fast.
- Add the first Height Block as the first leaves appear.
- You can start harvesting some leaves with their stems in about 3 weeks.
- You can harvest the biggest leaves first or cut all at once.
Brassica rapa var. chinensis
Pok Choy must be one of the most popular leaf vegetables in China, where it has been cultivated for centuries. The name of pok choy comes from Chinese and simply means ‘a white vegetable’. Whiteness refers to the crunchy, juicy stalks of the shiny green leaves. Pok Choy has a nice, fresh cabbage-meets-spinach flavour with a hint of mustard. It’s quite low in calories and a good source of vitamins A, C and K: if pok choy didn’t exist, it would obviously have to be invented. Baby leaves are delicious when eaten raw in salads. The bigger leaves taste very good after a short cooking time. Don’t overcook if you want to keep the crunch.