Lettuce is a leafy plant with many variations. Our Sweet Blond belongs to the loose-leaf varieties, meaning that it doesn’t form a head. It’s a decorative baby lettuce with a sweet, mild, fresh taste. The crisp, light green leaves have pretty fringed edges. Sweet Blond grows fast, so you’ll always have something nice to garnish your cold and warm salads with. Put it in sandwiches too for some cheerful crunch and sprinkle it on pizza or savory pies. Please note: Lettuce might not germinate in over 20 degrees Celsius.
Sweet Blond Tips and Tricks
- Beautiful, light green lettuce, which makes many small leaves
- Germination time 5 days
- Add the first Height Block one week from sowing, the second one 4 weeks from sowing
- You can start harvesting some leaves 3 weeks from sowing
- You can harvest the biggest leaves first or cut all at once
- Recommended growing time 5-6 weeks