Tatsoi Estimated Growth Time in Plantui SMART GARDEN
Tatsoi Tips and Tricks
- Asian leafy vegetable with dark green spoon-shaped leaves, beautifully low and rosette growing habit.
- Mild taste that resembles spinach and cabbage, leaves can be used raw in salads or cooked e.g. in a wok.
- Germination time about 3 days, grows fast.
- Add the first Height Block as the first leaves appear.
- You can start harvesting some leaves in about 3 weeks.
- You can harvest the biggest leaves first or cut all at once.
Brassica rapa var. rosularis
Tatsoi or tat soi is sometimes called rosette pak choi, or flat cabbage, or spoon mustard. It comes from Asia, probably China. Tatsoi looks a bit prehistoric with its glossy, thick, dark green leaves that grow evenly forming a rosette. Like many Oriental leaf vegetables, tatsoi grows fast; you can enjoy the fresh, tangy flavour of the tender leaves and juicy, sweetish stalks quite quickly. Because tatsoi is a source of vitamins and folates, it is a healthy veggie, and a quite versatile one too. You can eat it raw or cooked, just like spinach. The sturdy leaves look decorative in salads and the mildly mustardy, cabbage-like flavour gives some oomph to the milder salad greens.